In two hours time or so he will be playing the way he does, what I call 'swallowing' the key-board and make it do what he likes. He is amazing, strength and velvet, rage and sorrow.Last winter at the very cosy and tiny Avignon opera house, I could not see his hands but his face was so near I could read all his feelings, though he is a very discreet piano player, not showing off , just knowing the perfect weight
to inflict on the board to play what is on his mind.
Tonight it is Tchaikovsky concerto, 2nd and 3rd.Then the 1st, played by a younger Russian pianist .
The wind is gentle, the music of piano playing will not be lost in the open air of La Roque.
It is the Piano festival opening night. Boris Berezovsky is a very precious musician and seems an amazing person. Perhaps a Greek god born again? a living sculpture!
I am going to Château de Florans, just round the corner to see this artist once more. And feel the spell.
Piotr Ilyitch Tchaïkovski
Direction Dimitri Liss
Piano Boris Berezovsky
Piano Andrei Korobeinikov
No comments:
Post a Comment