Monday, 10 May 2010

Tequila! .... Handel at 'home' at Pleyel...with Rolando!


Photo from Arnaud.
The 'lend me your ears and eyes 'system worked perfectly on the 6th of May for Rolando Villazon's Pleyel recital!
At the week-end, so dull and sneezing, so to speak, on my part of the world, my virtual pigeon -hole flooded with snapshots from my friends Anne-Laure and Arnaud in Paris, and considering what I missed, the energetic enthusiasm from the audience including my friends, I wondered if they did not start on Tequila before flocking to Pleyel!;));)
And the artist Rolando shows his skills and wonderful legato particularly in Ariodante'Scherza, infida, in grembo al drudo!'
Rolando and his communication skills with the audience were so generous, my friend Arnaud (usually very quiet, so may be this is the Tequila effect..) shouted 'Merci' which Rolando answered back immediatly with such a nice and sweet 'C'est magnifique d'être chez moi, merci à vous!'just before the last encore from Ariodante 'Dopo notte
atra e funesta'.
(Rolando 's 'chez moi' must mean 'Paris' because Pleyel seems to me the least place I would call 'home', it is such a cold house for any singer I would have thought, but I have the feeling the audience transformed its atmosphere that night- tequila effect...)
I know what I missed and feel so grateful to my friends.
One day I will put a full stop to this blog, I have tried to follow Rolando's career and all the singers I enjoyed listening to on various stages around me! I treasure moments like this one, when hearing all the clapping and cheering!
Big hugs to my friends in Paris!
Curtain call video from Anne-laure.

No comments:

Post a Comment