It was in 1960 at the RTF,a live recital with 'l'orchestre lyrique de la RTF, Conductor Pierre-marie Le Conte.
It was in March. The 50th anniversary of this live recording will be on the 23rd. Rita Gorr is now eighty-four . I do hope to hear from her.
La mort de Didon.Les Troyens.
I have only heard this marvellous opera once at Bastille opera house and will be really thrilled to see it again. Berlioz is a musician I love.
Rita Gorr was the perfect Didon, with her heroïc style of singing, and also the other side of her cello voice, the soft cords for emotions and sorrows.
I will try to celebrate her voice as well as I can.
She has been my treasured singer, I have not found, so far, another rich and vibrant voice like hers, she is a French speaker being from Belgium, and that gives her a real natural diction which serves her singing.
Song 7 Rita Gorr La mort de Didon; Les Troyens . Berlioz.
No comments:
Post a Comment