Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg on air at 4pm BR Klassik.
On air in half an hour (no replay) on BR Klassik: At 4pm'Première'
Thirteen minutes from the Prize song to the end: link
(amazing, an excerpt to be listened to again and again, with the words and also the complete score one day.)
I have also childhood memories of the chorus because my parents sang in it.
The BSO broadcast is really fine.LINKLINK
The programme of 'Maîtres chanteurs' ( March 1949 Opéra de Marseille ) has been kept through so many removals and life changes!
I was rather ignorant of this opera and took the opportunity to follow an old French libretto with good explanatory notes along the text, to complete my knowledge from the old Marseille programme which is a treasure for me after all these years. This comedy became more obvious to my mind, with of course the distinctive Kirill Petrenko's approach very subtle and different from the ones I know which sound much more like a funfair rejoicing. I listened to the first and last acts again and loved what I understood by following the notes. The singing and music are superb. The quality of it all sounds superlative: I am not surprised because each time I am in this amazing opera house, I have the inner feeling it is always the best moment of my listener's life... The libretto and notes ( lots of them) here: https://archive.org/stream/lesmatreschant00wagn/lesmatreschant00wagn_djv . I am so grateful to the downloader who allows this reading on the web,
from Ottawa University Library, written by Edmond Barthelemy and
published in 1896. I wanted to know more about this scholar, Edmond
Barthelemy, who can be read so easily on line and goes into priceless
details in the text and in the music. And of course I found a reference
in the French "Cercle Wagner'' which led me to a more specific
intellectual portrait of this writer. Yesterday when I started reading
his book on 'Les Mâtres Chanteurs de Nuremberg' I was moved to read it
was dedicated to the memory of his wife . http://www.nietzsche-en-france.fr/publications-sur-nietzsche/edmond-barthelemy/.
I will come to these links often. This is the purpose of all this for me: keep links to be explored sooner or later!
No comments:
Post a Comment